Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default New boiler - what to buy?

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:41:32 +0000, geoff wrote:

I think that if you asked anyone who has an Ideal Icos, they might
strongly disagree with you

In the course of my work I come across relatively few condensing boilers
and, of those, fewer Ideal Icos/Isar/Istors, but of the handful I have
encountered all but, I think one, has had a PCB replaced. (That's
ones I come across 'incidentally' - doing some non-boiler-related job.
I've also replaced a couple of Ideal PCBs, and one fan.)

Talking to one of my landlord friends today I mentioned this and he just
smiled and said he knows what to do. No, not chuck it out, get it on a BG
service/breakdown contract :-)

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

What is a simile like?