Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WiFi internet connection problem

In article
,
dividby0 wrote:
I've rented an apartment. There's a wireless internet connection using
Belkin Wireless G router.

Are you certain it is WiFi and not just a wireless LAN?

The land lord has provided a

userid (landlord's name)
password (some jibberish)
and a passphrase (numeric, length=8)

If it's like my system the first two would be to provide access to the
router. You do this via your browser - http://10.0.0.2 or 192.168.1.245
should bring up the router password box. With a bit of luck it will have a
help file for the rest.

I'm from India and there we only use a passphrase to connect to an
available wifi network. No other userid or password.

Land lord's not available. It's been two days, and I've not been able
to figure out what to do. I'm using MS Vista as operating system

--
*Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.