Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default WiFi internet connection problem

On Jan 23, 8:33*am, dividby0 wrote:
Hi

I've rented an apartment. There's a wireless internet connection using
Belkin Wireless G router.

The land lord has provided a

userid (landlord's name)
password (some jibberish)
and a passphrase (numeric, length=8)

I'm from India and there we only use a passphrase to connect to an
available wifi network. No other userid or password.

Land lord's not available. It's been two days, and I've not been able
to figure out what to do. I'm using MS Vista as operating system

What "clumsy *******" said but does the landlord also provide the
broadband connection, or are you supposed to do this yourself?

The physical cabling is probably here, but I would have thought
telecoms provision in a rented property was up to the tenant, in the
same way you have to sign up for other services. IE you need to sign
up with an ISP. Otherwise, what's to protect the landlord from
unwanted attention from the authorities, if you start accessing child
porn sites, when the account with the ISP is in his name?

MBQ