Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default WiFi internet connection problem

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:58:07 +0000, clumsy *******
wrote:

dividby0 wrote:

userid (landlord's name)
password (some jibberish)
and a passphrase (numeric, length=8)

I'm from India and there we only use a passphrase to connect to an
available wifi network. No other userid or password.

my UK wifi connection has a name (SSID) a passphrase and a username
and a password, the latter two are only used to do admin word at the
router website. For connection I find the SSID name in the list of
wireless connections and am prompted for a passphrase, nothing else.
Are you sure you are selecting the correct wireless connection?

You need to know what type of encryption is being used: WEP, WPA or
WPA2.

If you post this & the make/model of your wireless adaptor we might be
able to help more.

--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org