Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom G Tom G is offline

Default OT mostly, but not totally

Same results with fans number 3,4, and 5. Oddly the fluffy
electrostaticly charged wand is sill clean as a whistle. Basically, the
wand up and "quit".

Ok, I bet most of you can see where this is going. My dust collector is
so powerful that it sucked away all the fluffy wand's electronic
attractiveness.

My question, how do I reenergize, the electrostatic charge in my fluffy
wand? Perhaps start the dust collector and caress the out side of the
hose with the fluffy wand? ;~)

Seriously, how do you get that static attraction back?

Seems like I remember there used to be a spray can product you could spray
on a dust rag and it became charged so it would attract dust. May be how
the wand was treated and the dust collector removed the dust with such force
that it also removed or somehow dried out the chemical treatment. See if
you can find the product I referred to . Might be cheaper to buy a new
wand, however.

Tom G.