Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default CNC Mill available- So.California

John R. Carroll wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Here is another useful resource for obsoleted Fanuc controls.
http://www.omegaebr.com/

What models are obsoleted?

I've got Otc OM's 6M 16 18 currently.

All of those are, I think. They build the 0i and 18i but the three thru
eleven haven't been in production for a while. You see a 15iMA or B on the
Chiwanese stuff from time to time but the modern builders are using thirty
series hardware.
I see 20 series hardware on CNC lathes once in a while.
Fanuc has some parts for the six but they are more expensive than the
machine in question. The best bet is rebuilding and that isn't exactly cheap
either. I know guys that buy machines to have spares for their existing
controls. Hitachi Sieki has been out of business for a decade or more.

It will be important to be sure and back up everything, including the PLC
ladder, before moving the machine or even disconnecting the power. There is
also a place that sells Fanuc battery replacements. In this vintage, it
isn't uncommon to move one of them 50 feet and have them not run again
without major fiddling around.

JC

IF you can find a good repair person the older controls are no problem
to repair.

John