Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Roy L Roy L is offline

Default Think this through with me ...

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Average Joe public does not understand how easy it is to
construct an apparently random ball selector using OCR
or embedded RFID.

In the US, the ball selectors are wholly mechanical -- you can see
their
operation through the clear walls. There is no place to hide sensors
or
electro-mechanical devices.

Here in the UK they are like an old oversize jukebox, the balls are
visible in the top part. We dont know what is in the bottom part. At
intervals a gate allows a ball to pop through into a chute. For all we
know, this gate only opens when the "right" ball is in the correct
position. I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that the balls are
"serviced" by an electronics company. Very strange if true. Perhaps I
should have taken this to another thread or even group, sorry about
the apparent hijack Arfa. Blame Ron, HE started it!
Roy