Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Beeswax ?

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:49:01 +0000, Bruce wrote:

I'm rare in not wanting a dishwasher - and pretty well all the modern hand
washing up liquids now cause heavy smearing if you leave things to drip
dry. Wasn't so a couple of years ago.

Same here. I do what Rod does, let it soak for 10-15 minutes, and make
sure to rinse thoroughly.

I remember reading many years ago (Lord knows where!) that where the
British rinsed washed dishes in clean water once, or not at all, the
Japanese rinsed them on average five times.

Very wasteful, that's why I use Ecover or Bio-D and just give a quick rinse
in cold water. Not too worried about minor smears - after the state of
things on backpacking trips...!
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.