Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default How do I dispose of this bulb?

clumsy ******* coughed up some electrons that declared:

"ARWadsworth" wrote:

Barnsley "four bins" council have

grey - rubbish
green - garden waste and cardboard (1)(2)
blue - paper (3)
brown - glass and cans

thats par for the course everywhere, or soon will be

Harrow (London) manage with 3: Rubbish (brown IIRC), garden+food (green) and
all other recyclables (blue).

If councils want people to participate in complicated schemes, they need to
make it as simple as possible and I think Harrow have found that.

Now they've set the standard I see no excuse why it can;t become a national
standard. From a householder's POV it's about as simple as it could
possibly be - the council have to do some work with the blue bin, I assume,
to sort it at the depot, but that's what we're paying council tax for.

Cheers

Tim