Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default How do I dispose of this bulb?

clumsy ******* wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote:

Barnsley "four bins" council have

grey - rubbish
green - garden waste and cardboard (1)(2)
blue - paper (3)
brown - glass and cans

thats par for the course everywhere, or soon will be

Or maybe not!

The other day I noticed a large headline on one of the daily
publications sometimes called newspapers. Said something like all
domestic bins are going to be scrapped. We will have bigger bins serving
several properties - every 20 houses or whatever.

Struck me that there could be some advantages:

o Someone else is responsible for keeping them clean and working;
o Less of our garden occupied by bins;
o Possibly emptied more frequently;
o No rushing out with bins to catch the collection;

On the other hand:

o We don't want one next door to us;
o Can't imagine that, except in a few places, people will respect them
and use them all appropriately, quietly and tidily;
o I don't fancy having to walk down the street every time a bin needs
emptying. And partner can't.

--
Rod

onset.