Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Beeswax ?

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
You are buying chemicals FFS! What else would you call acetic acid,
sodium bicarbonate & sodium chloride? Why are they 'good' and other
chemicals 'bad'?

Well, we know these are at least fairly safe for humans since they've been
used in cooking for many a year.

Commercial products will add all sorts of things - colours, perfumes etc
etc which aren't necessary to the product's effectiveness but will add to
the price. And it's quite possible some of these could irritate someone
prone to asthma or allergies etc.

The whole domestic cleaner market is based on advertising hype and only a
tiny amount of science. I'm amazed you haven't found this in practice.

Once you move to commercial cleaners things may be different.

--
*How many roads must a man travel down before he admits he is lost? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.