Posted to rec.woodworking
Bored Borg Bored Borg is offline

Default Is this a Safe Table Saw Operation?

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 04:00:51 +0000, Leon wrote
(in article ):

Hummmmm , Left thumb, I had just finished cutting a dado and had turned
the saw off. I then proceeded to remove the fence, swung my left hand
directly over the top of the blade as it was coasting down. Wham! It took
me one year to finally realize what had happened when I almost did it again.
I too initially thought it was a kick back but there was no damaged wood.
Funny how your mind stops remembering when you get injured.

I've just changed my loud. instant-stopping FEPOS benchtop saw for a much
better contractor's (site) saw with a 315mm blade, no brake and a near silent
motor...

This thing takes about a minute to spin down and of course would be illegal
if new (U.K.)

Respect. Fear.

Patience.