Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default How do I dispose of this bulb?

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:10:50 +0000, Alan
wrote:

In message , Fred
Finisterre wrote
It's one of these:

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/8470321-21/detail/B00133SDV6

Anyone know how do I dispose of it safely/greenly?

Just throw it into landfill like everyone else does.

Exactly. Your local authority is paid dearly (by you) to arrange for
disposal, as professionals in this matter.
They all (?) seem to think that their 'customers' have to play a part
by doing their work for them.
Just take a look at how much of _your_ council tax goes towards refuse
collection/disposal...

My LA started a supposed scheme to dispose of batteries at various
civic places such as libraries, civic centre etc - by the time the
scheme was mentioned in the local press it had been discontinued...

It isn't very often that I use my LA's 'recycling box', which is
emptied once a fortnight, supposedly collecting glass bottles/jars,
cans, newspapers - I do try to use facilities in the car park of
supermarkets. However, the other day I tried the 'service' and was a
bit bemused that the wagon which came around took the bottles and
jars/cans, but left the newspapers. I queried them about this and they
pointed to another council wagon waiting around the corner, just to
collect papers. This was prior to the main bin collection wagon...

In fairness my LA isn't too bad in the scheme of things. They do free
collections (via an email or a phone call) of bulky items such as
fridges etc - even old cars... :-)

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland