Posted to uk.d-i-y
Samantha Booth[_3_] Samantha Booth[_3_] is offline

Default Beeswax ?

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
Samantha Booth wrote:

Do you have PMT today?

No, just a qualification as an approved trainer for The British
Institute of Cleaning Science.

So in those years long gone by using the likes of vinegar, salt,
water, and baking powder was fruitless was it.

Probably, but they had bugger all else. Thats why disease was rife. They
developed decent detergents & sanitizers as soon as they knew how.

I don't think so. They
may not have any scientific merit but they worked and still work
today.

If they had no scientific merit - how did they work then? 'Natural
goodness'? 'Cosmic Vibrations'? 'Ley Lines'?

Look up 'Surfactants' then you might understand how detergents work.
Baking powder salt and vinegar do not possess the same properties.

SNIP

I can unblock my drain
with baking powder salt and vinegar. You may use Mr. Muscle or
similar, yours costs £3 mine £1. They both have the same effect and I
see no difference. Not all of us can use bought products from Tesco.

Complete and utter bollox. You simply cannot unblock a drain with baking
powder salt and vinegar. You could make a cake or season your fish &
chips, but there is no way those items can dissolve a typical drain
blockage.

BTW, I don't bake cakes using sodium hydroxide, neither do I use sulphuric
acid on my chips.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

I am sure even you knew what I meant about scientific merit. What I mean was
they may not be today's choice when there are other scientific products out
there. But I think you already new that. Salt is an abrasive and as such
works to cut through grease. Vinegar does much the same. I use them every
day so I know what they do in my house. I don't need to look anything you
suggest up, thanks.

Well I managed to unblock my sink with them ingredients. It cut through the
grease and my sinks been running free since. While they may not unblock it
from a cloth stuck down the hole, neither will MrMuscle. I use what I use
and no matter.