Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default How do I dispose of this bulb?

In article ,
OG wrote:

"Fred Finisterre" wrote in message
It's one of these:

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/8470321-21/detail/B00133SDV6

Anyone know how do I dispose of it safely/greenly?

Short answer - local tip should have places to take them for safe disposal.
If you're near an IKEA, they also take them back for disposal.

I was quite surprised the other day to discover PCWorld will also take
any WEEE items - even stuff not purchased from them.

See http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/editorial/weee

In particular, "PC World are offering free in store take back so you are
able to take your items to our stores. You need not have purchased the
equipment in one of our stores"

Only restriction seems to be "We reserve the right to refuse products
that are not presented in a clean and safe manner".

I wonder how many fridges they get

Darren