Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Wandering Tracking on Old Beta VCR

On 19 ene, 16:47, "Chris F." wrote:
No need to insult my intelligence - I'm not quite as ignorant as you
think.
All components in the tape path are fine. I did however try changing a few
capacitors in the tracking and PG amplifier circuits, and it appears to have
done the trick. With a bit more tweaking I was able to get a good stable
picture at both speeds.

sorry if I came across as insulting, one reads all kinds of things on
here and sometimes posts don't convey the OPs real knowledge ...
anyway glad to hear you got some progress. However, often, making pot
adjustments can mask the real, underlying mechanical or electrical
fault, so do bear that in mind to avoid disappointment!

-B