Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Paskell Roger Paskell is offline

Default REVIEW: WTC 8" RotaryTabe.

"Grunty Grogan" wrote in message
I got a recurring job in where I needed a new rotary tabel, NOW. I
had no time to take chances on EBay for something that could have been
left in the rain for a few years.
Like many people I have had my disappointments with tools and
equipment from a " certain place where they eat cats", etc. but felt
the price was right enough and there was a local WT who may have
forgotten that they asked me to leave a few years ago when I did a
stand-up comedy routing in their showroom ridiculing some of their
imported lathes...

I went out a bought their 8" Table, stock number 1990-007, for
$175.00, feeling that if it lasted a few months to get the job done, I
could just throw it away afterward.

I have been using it for a month now. And since I have never failed
to dish out ridicule and abuse when a tool let me down, I shall be
enough of a gentleman to tell the World that I was a prejudiced
asshole.

This rotary table is as good as any I have used, made by anyone
anywhere at any of my employer's shops. The fit and finish is the
equalt to any in any detail, from the flawless enamel finish to the
little oil level window, to the 10" vernier. The machining was NOT
done with a wood rasp, unlike some of those imports we have seen.
The worm gear and wheel is VERY silky- smooth operating, the locks
work fine, and the worm disengages and engages smoothly.
This particular tabel was made by "Universal Group", and they identify
it as the "TS Series".
I am aware that WT and others often get things from diferent
suppliers, so perhaps things could change in the future, but at
present, if you have been needing an 8" rotary table, give this one a
close look. A really close look. At this price, it's crazy to go
without one.

I was cutting disks out on my lathe, one at a time. THEN things took
off and I had to cut hundreds of them. I can stack up the work and do
ten+ at once now, and effortlessly cut them out in a few minutes with
just a little easy hand motion.

(Something I have been doing a LONG TIME, anyway, so it does not even
feel like work!!!!!!)

And just who might "WT" be?? Also is this the table you are referring to
http://en.yantai-universal.com/newEb...shParent=false ?

Roger