Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Is this a Safe Table Saw Operation?

Somewhere I picked up the tip to hook your outside fingers over the
fence as you made a cut on a narrow piece. That way, your hand won't
be able to get any closer to the blade than as far as your fingers
can stretch.

Puckdropper

Until you slip.

There is that. Darwin takes care of his own. Doesn't matter how wide or
narrow the cut is if you're prone to that. Maybe make appropriate
allowances by permanently removing the key from the power switch.

I think we've been down this road in another thread.
People who do stupid things have more "accidents."

I've heard it million times, "I was being careful and I don't know what
happened, something was on my shoe, I missed some saw dust when I swept,
blah, blah, blah."

We make jigs and push sticks "grippers" and for a reason.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--