Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is this a Safe Table Saw Operation?

(RM MS) wrote in news:16623-49776921-2604@storefull-
3312.bay.webtv.net:

4" is plenty, just be ready and Slide the heel of your hand along the
fence and anticipate where your weight is bearing, should anything go
wrong.

Crosscutting with a miter gauge and a rip fence is about the most
dangerous thing you can do.

Somewhere I picked up the tip to hook your outside fingers over the fence
as you made a cut on a narrow piece. That way, your hand won't be able to
get any closer to the blade than as far as your fingers can stretch.

Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as some
writers are incorrigible.