Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Beeswax ?

Rod wrote:

It might work in the sense of making the polish soft enough. But I would
not wish the smell to pervade the house - and would prefer the
(different-but-still-strong) smell of real turpentine.

One of our school punishments was to polish dormitory floors with wax
polish and a very heavy buffer. Standard paraffin was added to soften
that when it got too thick. Horrible smell for days after.

If it does not cause any problems, have you considered adding a few
drops of lavender oil?

Lemon or orange oil are other possible additives.