Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] asiandollno1@gmail.com is offline

Default Preventing frozen pipes on slab

One of the first steps you should take to protect your pipes is to
disconnect all outdoor hoses. If possible, shut off the supply to the
outside tap then turn on the faucet to let any water already in the
line drain out.

Pipes usually freeze where they are closest to outside walls. The most
susceptible to freezing are those running through unheated areas such
as crawl spaces or inside vanities on outside walls.

Once the water freezes in the pipe, the water flow will be cut off. If
the blockage is not removed promptly, the ice can expand and split the
pipe.

To prevent freezing, try to keep the pipes warm. Open vanities under
sinks and raise the temperature in areas with exposed pipes by turning
up your thermostat or using a space heater.

If pipes leading to a particular faucet often freeze, turn on the cold
tap so water trickles continuously during extremely cold weather.

Insulating wraps for water pipes near outside walls can help, but a
plumber may have to move pipes installed in areas that are too
vulnerable to the cold.

If you leave your house for an extended time during the winter, don't
turn your heating system all the way off. Set the thermostat at about
60 degrees and make sure all the storm windows are sealed tight to
keep the heat in. Open the doors of all vanities so warm air
circulates around the pipes under your sinks.

AsianDoll

Since its my school semester break I have been using my free time
playing games like a href=http://www.gamestotal.com http://www.gamestotal.com
/a a href=http://uc.gamestotal.com http://uc.gamestotal.com /a
a href=http://gc.gamestotal.com http://gc.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://3700ad.gamestotal.com http://3700ad.gamestotal.com /a