Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Think this through with me ...

Arfa Daily wrote:
I guess the lottery machines are the best of all
worlds with a truly random pool of numbers on the balls, and a one-at-a-time
mechanical picking system. Hard to see how you could make it any more
random.

There`s quite a compelling conspiracy theory which says that the results
of the draw for the National Lottery are not entirely random.
I havent bothered looking very far into it myself but it`s been
suggested that numbers which for 'human reasons' are more likely to have
been heavily picked tend to come out less often that the average would
suggest. There are tables of statistics somewhere in teh interwebs I think.

In the event of a rollover, ticket sales rocket, so it would be in the
organisers interests for rollovers to occur.

As I understand it we already know that the live TV broadcast isn't
actually live but transmitted some minutes behind the actual event.

Ron