Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Running Electrical wire in shed

On 2009-01-21, benick wrote:

That is probably the case Wayne because I have NEVER seen MC/AC Cable in
ANY unfinished sheds or garages here in Maine

More likely, I think, is that nobody enforces that section. *It was
changed in one of the 90's NEC versions, I think; previously Romex had
been prohibited in buildings above a certain height. *The wire lobby
got that lifted in exchange for the coverage requirement. *So
inspectors were used to uncovered Romex in residential garages and
never started enforcing the change.

Does that apply to attached garages as well

No, a "dwelling" is a building with a "dwelling unit", so your
attached garage is still part of a dwelling.

Cheers, Wayne

I suspect you are misreading the code. I have seen new construction
recently where it is romex in the basement ceiling with no covering.

Harry K