Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Running Electrical wire in shed

On Jan 20, 11:28*am, RedDwarf wrote:
On Jan 20, 12:50*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , RedDwarf wrote:

thanks everyone. I wouldn't mind drilling - the problem is when I
drill, i'm going through a spade bit like every 2 or 3 studs. it's
getting expensive.

First off, if this is "getting expensive", that's your own fault. Spade bits
can be *easily* resharpened in seconds on a grinder, or in a minute or two
with a file. There's no need to throw them away just because they're dull.

Second, if you're dulling them that fast -- your drill is set in reverse. Flip
the switch so it spins the other way, and it'll work a LOT better.

Well assuming spade bits drive like every other drill bit - then it's
set correctly. I don't think you can build a shed from the ground up
not knowing which way a bit spins. The problem is that the to prongs/
spades keep breaking off as I begin to get through the 2x4. I may try
sharpening the point itself and see how that goes.

Odd, I still have the original ones I started with 30 years ago and
haven't had one point break off. Had to resharpen them occasionally.
I re did my entire small house that included stripping the walls to
bare studs and rewiring, plus sheds, work at my mother's house, etc.
Still dreag them out occsionaly.

If you are having the problems you claim, you are either doing
something seriously wrong or have some _very_ cheap bits.

Harry K

Harry K