Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default Running Electrical wire in shed

On 2009-01-21, benick wrote:

I've seen quite a few sheds and garages that are wired that aren't
sheetrocked ..In fact I don't think I've ever seen a garden shed
sheetrocked so I'm just a little confused...If I run a wire out to
the wife's garden shed for a light and an outlet or 2 I have to
sheetrock it??? I find that hard to believe based on what I've seen
out in the real world....

If the garage is detached, and you are using Romex, it needs sheetrock
or the equivalent to comply with the NEC, unless your state has
amended that section. Often the real world and the building codes are
in conflict. :-) It would be simplest just to use MC/AC cable instead
of Romex.

Cheers, Wayne