Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default OT...I guess - Dryer Timer

CJT wrote:

Red Green wrote:

If the timer on an old electric dryer is not advancing I suume it's
time to replace it, aka not really servicable?

Damn things are a hundred bucks typically. This one's discontinued even.

It depends. On my Maytag, the timer only runs while the gas is on. So
a failure in that circuit can look like a dead timer.

Oops! Now I see you say it's an electric dryer. :-)

It still might only run when the dryer's hot, though, so have a look
at the schematic.