Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Running Electrical wire in shed

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
It's your shed. Put the wire where YOU want it.

--
All you scholars who think bush messed up..... You ain't seen nothin' yet!
Just wait. You'll be cryin' for mercy after a while with Bro Bama

"RedDwarf" wrote in message
I built this shed in the backyard, it has a dedicated 20amp GFCI
circuit running to it. Once inside the shed (it comes in from the
floor) I have it hit a junction box and branch out to the various
spots i need it (outlets/lights etc.).

My question is, do I HAVE to run the wire through the studs (drilling
a lot of holes because studs are 16 on center)? or can I run it on the
surface of the wood, near the top sill? what are my options? I have a
work bench, am I allowed to run it under the work surface, and staple
it to the underside? any thoughts as to how I can avoid drilling a
bunch of holes?

I live in norfolk, va...

I've seen quite a few sheds and garages that are wired that aren't
sheetrocked ..In fact I don't think I've ever seen a garden shed sheetrocked
so I'm just a little confused...If I run a wire out to the wife's garden
shed for a light and an outlet or 2 I have to sheetrock it??? I find that
hard to believe based on what I've seen out in the real world....