Posted to alt.home.repair
Toddro Toddro is offline

Default Attic insulation: do attic floor, or roof, or what? And, how much work (ie $$$)?

"David Combs" wrote in message

The brother went up into the attic (roughly 15 by 8 yards in area,
via my stepping it off), and came down and said he could do
it for $12,000. (I had seen a show on the history channel's

10K$.

$8,500.

THANKS FOR WHATEVER YOU CAN COME UP WITH, advice, info,
etc.

As long as they didn't ask you to supply the KY Jelly, bend over and take
it like a man.

On the serious side, get a couple estimates from established insulation
contractors. Or at the very least, a contractor who knows what the heck
they're doing.

For my area, that would be an outrageous price, regardless of the type of
insulating. This coming from a person who used to be involved in
residential insulation. Of course, your area may be much, much, higher.