Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GMAN GMAN is offline

Default Wandering Tracking on Old Beta VCR

In article , "Roy" wrote:

"Bruce Esquibel" wrote in message
Chris F. wrote:

Well, I got just over $200 US for a 6310 the other night.... if all
Sanyos
are worth even half that, it's well worth putting some time and money
into
them.

I have to admit I'm sort of stumped. Looking at completed auctions on ebay
most Sony models, even those with the hi-fi audio don't seem to fetch more
than $75-$100 for most of the mid-level machines.

Why the Sanyo's seem to be getting more is an oddity.

Another thing to admit, looking at the picture of the Sanyo 4000, that
isn't
the chassis I was thinking of, I think.

-bruce

I used to be a Sanyo dealer and I loved them! Everything easy to get at and
(mostly) easily repaired when required. Sony on the other hand were a pain
in the A**e. Parts were as expensive as hell and service anuals also. Faults
were always really obscure and circuitry was weird and super critical. I
would rather have a Sanyo any day. As a matter of fact, I still have a Sanyo
CRT TV giving as good a picture as good as when I took it home 20 odd years
ago!

Roy

For as long as i can remember, and i am over 40, Sanyo has always been low end
junk for all its products. Sure there are lower end crap, but it rates right
down there. I own a Sanyo 7200 and it barely still works