Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Running Electrical wire in shed

On Jan 20, 1:28*pm, RedDwarf wrote:
... The problem is that the to prongs/
spades keep breaking off as I begin to get through the 2x4. ...

Where are you getting these pos bits--the 49 cent bin at Big Lots?

I can't fathom how you could actually manage to break a decent-quality
spade bit -- I've ones that are probably approaching 30 yrs old that
have been used in oak railroad ties repeatedly that are as good as new
when touched up a little. What are you drilling (that is, what is the
material of the studs)? Typical new construction lumber is so soft as
to cut (more like tear 'cause it's often still wet) w/ almost no
effort.