Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default On Topic Sorta - Attending Trade Shows Frugally?

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
Yes, I also got press passes, but the other freebies usually are not hard
to get.

Now... To really take this off-topic... What exactly is involved in
getting a legitimate press pass these days?

Become a member of the press. g

If you're not a magazine staffer, and if it's an SME show, you contact the
press office and tell them you're working on an article or a book. They'll
ask for whom. You'd better know. d8-)

It's rare I would want to go to a techical talk, but if I did, I'd gladly
also pay.

They can be expensive. That's where a press pass really pays off. Do you
have any published articles?

--
Ed Huntress