Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default On Topic Sorta - Attending Trade Shows Frugally?

Hey, Joe:-

Often, in my experience, you can get in free to industry trade shows
if you are legitimately in the trade (or appear to be, as opposed to
students or winos or whatever), and if register online BEFORE the
event. They'll leave the badge for you to pick up or mail it to you.

It's only the ones who show up and try to register on site (without
the pass) that pay admission for the exhibit hall.

The technical sessions are another matter, I think you'd have to have
some kind of 'in' or give a talk to get those for free, if they
normally charge for them. Also a very few trade shows require actual
credentials (eg. membership in some organization) but I have not found
any of them interesting enough to bother with.

For example, you can register online free for the Charlotte show he
https://www.compusystems.com/servlet...id=641&Show=SP

Registerd for that one this morning...

Looks like Eastek is free as well, but I didn't follow the process far
enough to be su
http://www.sme.org/cgi-bin/esc-reg-e...image_source=&

Will click the link when done here for sure. Thank you.

There's absolutely no reason not to do this-- nothing cheap-arse about
not being a sucker. You're going there to be sold to, and to get your
name on a mailing list. Arguably, they should pay you!

Agreed.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.