Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Wheaton Stuart Wheaton is offline

Default On Topic Sorta - Attending Trade Shows Frugally?

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Do you have any suppliers that exhibit at the show? If so ask if they
have any
"guest passes" available. Or you might become a "temporary employee" of
the exhibitor and get a pass that way. You pretty much have to know
somebody
to get a freebie to a trade show but it's not all that hard.

That's about what I figured... Might have to look at the list of those
exibiting and make some strategic e-mail time.

What I'd really hate to do though is receifve a free pass and then not use
it when someone else could have used it...

Don't hesitate to contact them, in some of the trade shows in my
industry, the vendors have virtually unlimited passes, I've even been
told they could e-mail the PDF to me and it would get me in. These are
trade shows associated with a professional conference and may not apply
to all shows, but worth a try.

Stuart