Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Alternative to junction box under floor

Steve wrote:

Thanks Slider. I did a search on "maintenance free junction box". This
came up the Ashley J803 Maintenance Free Junction Box 32A 3
Terminal
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...FQMnGgodeBwtnw

£2.95 + VAT. Looks perfect - cheers.

Steve

Looks interesting - and just what I need when I remove a powerpoint but need
to re-join the ring under the floorboards.

The blurb on the TLC site says that the contacts are 'screwless'. Anyone
know how the electrical contacts are actually made?

It appears to allow 4 x 3 conductor cables to be joined - so I assume that
each of the 3 conductors has 4 terminals which are permanently connected
together? If this is the case, it presumably couldn't be used for lighting
circuits where you want to break the live via a switch wire - 'cos that
needs *four* independent terminals?
--
Cheers,
Roger