Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus13408 Ignoramus13408 is offline

Default CDCO is cheaper than Enco

On 2009-01-18, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
" fired this volley
in news:7f8f7124-995a-4669-bf89-0877d8669306
@b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Those drill sets are so cheap, it is not worth my time to inventory
drills, I just buy more sets.

I find the opposite. Those Chinalloy bits are so poorly made of such
a lousy alloy, and so badly ground, that they last about 1/10 the hole
depth of good American bits. They're also often not precisely of the
correct diameters.

I'd rather spend my money on bits I can periodically re-touch and have
them last years.

I had a very negative experience with the cheapest drills. They might
be mild steel that is TIN coated. The fail in the hole and then the
only thing that can get drilling to continue, is carbide. I use cheap
drills to drill through aluminum or drywall or some other stuff like
this.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/