Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default O/T Haynes Manual: The Truth

Dave Plowman (News) coughed up some electrons that declared:

In article
,
wrote:
What I never understood is why the reasons they were so ruddy useless
were so obvious, yet they never did anything about it, just kept
churning out junk grade manuals. I eventually learnt go buy the mfr's
workshop manual, forget Haynes. More money, yes, but well worth it.

Unfortunately proper maker's manuals are rare these days. Although some
are available on CD. Which never seem so good as 'properly' written ones.

Indeed. I make a habit of getting them for any car I have on principle.

The Daewoo Lanos was the best - just a CDROM full of PDFs.

Mini and VW both come on umpteen CDs and want to install everything on the
PC including a wibbly fat viewer program that's IMHO crap compared to just

Cheers

Tim