Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 3 prong outlet, which way is up?

When my Dad was much younger, he was stringing a bare wire
in the cellar, and dropped it. By friek chance, it fell
across the two blades of a plugged in, ungrounded plug. He
said that really made a memory for him. I wasn't there,
wasn't yet born. But it left a memory for me.

Put the ground at top, it provides some small protection
from the small risk of dropping a metal something across the
energized flat blades.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jimw" wrote in message

I always put the ground on the
bottom. They just look stupid the other way. They will
work either
way. But the code is what dictates....

Jim