Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron Fude Aaron Fude is offline

Default How to shoot foam into this gap.

On Jan 17, 11:15*am, "DanG" wrote:
Aaron, this it the approach I would take:

Get some this visqueen with tape to cover your entire wall face,
just in case.
"http://www.shop3m.com/70070837367.html?WT.mc_ev=clickthrough&WT.mc_id... ."
Get a long enough one to cover your wall.

Buy, borrow, one of these:http://www.touch-n-seal.com/foamguns.htm
or similar. *The last one I bought was about $40. *Make sure you
buy minimum expanding (little or no pressure/expansion) foamhttp://www.touch-n-seal.com/nowarpgun.htm

You can add a length of clear plastic tubing to the tip to get
back in farther if you need to.

I'm glad you made me look - they have a foam that is already black
and doesn't require painting, even outdoors, that I didn't know
about:http://www.touch-n-seal.com/blackfoam.htm

and a can of cleaner for the gun if you intend to keep it for
other work. *If you don't clean the gun, throw it away - there is
no other way to salvage the gun. *Buy several cans of foam,
especially if you can return what you don't use. *Just looking I
would guess at 6 cans from what I see in the picture.

Once the foam is set up - next day- saw any excess foam off with a
serrated knife, Sawzall, hacksaw blade or similar. *I would paint
it flat black to loose in *the *shadow line. * Forget this one if
you use the black stuff.

They have a new fire version also:http://www.touch-n-seal.com/onecomponent.htm
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message

Hi,

In the following picture, you are looking at a gap between my
roof
(with a skylight) and an interior stone wall (which used to be
exterior before the addition). The roof structure is old and the
roof
shingles were recently installed by a fantastic roofing company.
There
are no leaks of any kind so that's not a worry.

http://freeboundaries.com/roofgap.jpg

However, there is lots of cold air coming through that gap. So I
would
like to shoot some foam into that space. But how can I do it and
make
sure that it sticks and also, how do I make sure that I don't
muck up
the stone that I am leaving explosed. That beam that's runs
along the
stone looks like a 2x8 so I want to shoot the foam 7 1/2 inches
high.
I can just see the stuff you buy at HD in cans falling out and
messing
up the stones and not really insulating all that well. (Maybe I
can
put a longer attachment that will place it deaper?) Anyway, I'm
looking for advice on how to deal with it.

Many thank in advance,

Aaron- Hide quoted text -

Thanks!

Is there a retailer that sells touch n seal products?