Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default $75 4x6 bandsaw at Harbor Freight

On Jan 17, 4:40*pm, Richard J Kinch wrote:
Looks like Harbor Freight is changing the venerable 4x6 bandsaw from the
green model they've sold for years (37151) for an improved (?) red one:

*http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93762

The old one isn't on the Web site but the manual still is:

*http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...7999/37151.pdf

Anyway, I found the old one on sale for $75 at the local store while they
last. *Cheap enough I just bought one for parts.

I did notice the change last time I was over that way in the store.
My old green one was made in Taiwan, maybe the new stuff is all chink
now. Lots more pressed parts and fewer castings on the new one. It
does have a tray in the stand now, might be good, might be bad, looks
like it'd funnel swarf right into whatever you put on the tray. $75
was about what I paid for mine a few years back with the half-off
price plus coupon.

Stan