Posted to alt.home.repair
brucealan brucealan is offline

Default Kenmore dryer - wire keeps burning up

Everybody, thanks! Looks like I need to do a better job repairing/replacing
the wire.

"beekay" wrote in message
netamerica...
I have an old Kenmore dryer. Lately, one of the wires that connects to the
high temperature sensor on the side of the heating coils has been burning
up at the point of contact (the wire burns, but the connector stays OK).
The happened once a couple years ago and I replaced the sensor and the
heating element. Now it's happening again, every few days (I'll admit it -
I just reconnect the wire each time for now). I tested the sensor, and it
seems to be working OK (frying pan test for conductivity). Any suggestions
about fixing this more permanently?

Thanks,

Bruce Kimball

http://www.usenet.com