Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to rig a pulley system with a timer......

On 1/15/2009 10:30 AM Norminn spake thus:

I have a fabric dyeing project in mind where I want the fabric to be
removed gradually from the dye bath. My thought is to tack the fabric
to a dowel, suspended with nylon or cotton line and wind the line
onto the stem of the motor or some sort of spool. I don't want to
spend much and it would be ideal if the motor had adjustable slow
RPM's. Would be okay if I could scavenge from something easy to
find.

Here are my links to places that sell gearmotors:

http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.as...08112017294502
http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm/.../subsection/18
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...-Motors/1.html
http://www.surplustraders.net/a/0184.shtml

--
In order to embark on a new course, the only one that will
solve the problem: negotiations and peace with the Palestinians,

Because it's only with enemies that one makes peace.

- Uri Avnery, Israeli writer and peace activist with Gush Shalom.
(http://counterpunch.org/avnery08032006.html)