Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default How to rig a pulley system with a timer......

On Jan 15, 12:30*pm, Norminn wrote:
I have a fabric dyeing *project in mind where I want the fabric to be
removed gradually from
the dye bath. *My thought is to tack the fabric to a dowel, suspended
with nylon or cotton line and
wind the line onto the stem of the motor or some sort of spool. *I don't
want to spend much
and it would be ideal if the motor had adjustable slow RPM's. *Would be
okay if I could scavenge
from something easy to find.

The time would be pretty easy w/ one of the household security
lighting mechanical timers if don't need it to be exceptionally
precise (which doesn't sound as though would be).

A variable speed motor could be arranged by manipulating a variable
speed drill it would seem with some cams, etc., ...