Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Garage Door Opener Recommendation

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:29:07 -0800, Steve Daniels
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 22:01:21 -0500, against all advice, something

What's good out there?

Go to Sears and pick up a belt drive unit.

It looks like the belt drive is sold to those with noise issues.

Noise isn't an issue for me. I live alone, so when the door is
moving I'm usually in the car. And if I'm not in the car, I'm in
the garage, not the bed.

Is there some other advantage to the belt drive besides how much
noise it makes when it's running?

Low cost, easy to repair, and inexpensive to repair.