Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Shop Lighting opinions

-MIKE- wrote:

Nowhere in my writing have I taken the corporate side or defended a
company for fraud.

Telling people to pursue a class action lawsuit is not practical advice as
in effect it means companies will rarely be called to account. Expecting us
to live by a company's return policiy no matter how unreasonable is also
one-sided, especially when a company comes up with a loophole to let them
ignore their own usual policy. The consumer is at a massive disadvantage,
so if some droid at the returns desk mistakenly allows a consumer to get his
money back against the company's wishes I for one see that as poetic
justice.

My only point in all of this is to say something that we have all
heard from our grandmothers; two wrongs don't make a right.
It is wrong to use fraud to combat fraud.

What "fraud"? I bought two identical items on two different days, one item
was defective, I returned it and HD got a replacement or credit from the
mfg., they suffered no loss. So, where's the fraud?

Nevermind, we've just going in circles here.

However karma seems to be in effect, the company I had the dispute with over
the inkjet cartridges recently discovered one of their top execs had
defrauded them of millions of dollars, can't say I shed any tears over that.