Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Straightening tube/valve pins

On Jan 13, 12:17*am, Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
Arfa Daily wrote:
I have a vague suspicion that this tool was actually supplied
by Mullard, but I could be wrong there. I have a clear memory
of it being a baby blue colour. Happy days ...

*Rummages around in the "box-o-stuff" Ahhh, here we go.

Belling & Lee Ltd.
L1424
Made in England

Yuppers, baby blue, soft rubber with hard black 7 and
9 pin tube base inserts.

Jeff

..
Nah! I gotta one; somewhere, for small tubes/valves with 'pins in
glass' bases. 6C4, 12BE6, 6BZ7, 12AU7 etc.
Left over from me TV fixing days in the mid 1950s. And it's green
metal. Cost around 65 cents (about 30 p?) back then if I recall.
B7G one end and B9A t'other end IIRC. Tube suppliers would sometimes
have them as 'giveaways' if you bought a lotta tubes.
Smaller than a spool of thread/reel of cotton. (Depending on which
form of H'english you speaks!).
As mentioned the entry to each pin is slightly 'coned' or concaved to
guide a a bent pin into position.
Used too aggressively it could break the glass tube base.
Have fun.