Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Thomas Tornblom Thomas Tornblom is offline

Default Silly Question: Heat Sensor Gun

" writes:

Do they work through glass? I would like to find a unit that will
allow me to check temperatures in vacant stores through the
storefront.

http://shop.vendio.com/BROADSTONEPRO.../?s=1231846607

Like this.

Thanks!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I just checked with my very similar gun, and it shows the surface
temperature of the window glass. The outside temp is currently around
-5°C here, and the gun shows around +22°C on a window above a
radiator, and +15°C on a window in a door.

I get the same reading on both coated and uncoated glass. The coated
class is very effective at shielding radiowaves.

Thomas