Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Garage Door Opener Recommendation

wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:39:22 -0800, Steve Daniels
wrote:

I came home to a door about 75% shut. When I try to open or
close the door, my very old opener shudders and grinds. I'll
take it down and look at it, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the
market for a new unit.

What's good out there?

Go to Sears and pick up a belt drive unit.

Sounds like two problems- jamming door and burned out motor or stripped
gear in the opener. Make sure the door opens and closes smoothly when
operated manually, before installing a different opener.

--
aem sends...