Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mattmeitzner@gmail.com is offline

Default Insulate humidifier drain tube from furnace flue

I installed a humidifier recently on my furnace. All mechanicals are
in a small closet, and the only way that the overflow tubing (3/8 ID
vinyl tubing) can be routed to the drain is over the furnace flue - so
gravity pulls the tubing into contact with the flue. Since this gets
really hot (hot enough to melt the pipe wrap insulation I tried), I
need a method to keep the tubing from melting. Any ideas? I'd like
to avoid having to purchase and use mineral wool since I only need a
tiny bit and that stuff is pretty nasty. Extra points for original
ideas! Thanks everyone.