Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus18994 Ignoramus18994 is offline

Default Threading with triangular inserts

I have a straight toolholder that takes a T P G 322 insert. I would
like to know if I can find an insert like this that would have a small
enough edge radius to be used for threading.

By the way, I am fully convinced now that flood cooling is the way to
go anywhere where heat is an issue. For example, yesterday I parted a
steel bar, which always was troublesome due to heat. No problem with
flood coolant. The only minus with flood is that I cannot use my lathe
try as a shelf to keep stuff. No big deal. No rust seems to result
from flood coolant either.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/