Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_4_] Steve Barker[_4_] is offline

Default Wire Feed Welder (what kind of gas)?

we used straight co2 for years on ours. But the C25/argon mix works much
better. You'll need straight argon for aluminum or stainless.

steve

"Jimw" wrote in message
I just noticed an ad in the paper for a local guy selling a Hobart 120
Wire feed welder. I called the guy and he said it belonged to a
relative and he inherited it. He knows it works, but he has never
used it, and said he knows nothing about welding which is why he is
selling it. He said its complete with a spool of wire and the gauges
for the gas, but no tank of gas.

I went to the Hobart website and they dont have this model listed, but
have a Handler 125 listed, so I assume its similar but a newer model.
Hobart has a .PDF file for the manual, but I downloaded it 3 times and
it's a defective file. The only other info I could find is just a
basic list of features. I think I know most I need, and know it can
use flux wire without the gas, or use solid wire with the gas. My
question is what kind of gas is used for these welders?

I've only used stick welders in the past, so I am new to these wire
feed types.

Thanks for all help.

Jim